We are Hiring!
One Roof Supervisor- Relief
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org You must include a cover letter with your resume. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Position Title: Relief Worker
Supervision and Support: Reports to: One Roof Community Centre Program Coordinator
Purpose of the position:
The relief workers' role is to keep One Roof Community Centre running smoothly by supervising volunteers in delivery of meals and other programming, serving a to-go meal daily, and developing new safe ways we can support our community due to COVID-19 restrictions. Relief staff will be cross-trained in all areas of operations (including kitchen supervision). Relief staff are scheduled when regularly scheduled staff are sick, on vacation, or participating in training. In addition, relief staff are scheduled to support extended hours due to inclement weather.
Population(s) served: People who have found themselves food insecure.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Support in meal preparation.
• Supervise volunteers and placement students.
• Work with Program Coordinator to develop checklists and procedures.
• Keep in contact with volunteers about changes in policies and any concerns or issues that arise.
• Maintain daily records.
• Supervise service of meals to guests, in a to go meal format outside
• Develop ways in which guests can engage in One Roof at various levels due to COVID-19
• Work with Program Coordinator and staff to identify opportunities for guest connections to other agencies and services.
• Attend staff meetings as directed.
• Attend additional staff trainings and read supplied materials.
• Assist in other duties as needed.
Skills, Experience and Qualities Required:
• A passion to work with marginalized people.
• A compassionate outlook and caring disposition.
• Strong interpersonal skills, good listening skills, ability to build relationships easily.
• A willingness to grow and learn.
• Training and/or experience in working with marginalized people.
• An ability to communicate with both church and non-church communities.
• An ability to communicate well with people.
• Experience in working with volunteers.
• The ability to set and maintain personal and professional boundaries.
• The ability to take initiative as well as work in a team environment.
• The ability to participate and represent One Roof in professional settings such as meetings.
• A general knowledge of agencies and services in Peterborough that exist to serve those who are homeless and/or marginalized.
• A general knowledge of systemic causes and issues around homelessness and food insecurity in Canada, Ontario and Peterborough.
• Some understanding of addictions, and harm reduction approaches to serving those with addictions.
• A knowledge and acceptance of the mission and values that guide One Roof Community Centre
Support, Supervision and Evaluation:
• Performance reviews will be conducted by the supervisors.
• Participation in regular staff meetings as directed
Limits of the position:
• Comply with the Responsible Ministry: Screening in Faith Policy, Diocese of Toronto’s Sexual Misconduct Policy and must clear CPIC check.
• Comply with all policies governing confidentiality.
• Comply with Peterborough Health Units Food Handlers protocols.
Terms of work/service:
No fixed hours, schedules for shifts that may be anywhere from 3 hours to 12 hours.
$18.85 per hour plus vacation pay
• Position-specific training (prerequisite)
• In-Service training (on-going as needed)
• Diocesan Sexual Misconduct training
Position Risk Assessment: High
Benefits & Opportunities:
• To be a part of making a difference for marginalized people in Peterborough.
• To be a part of changing the conversation around poverty in Peterborough.